Sunday, January 20, 2013

American Girl Place Trip on 1/12/13

Well after a long battle with my computer about pictures and files, I finally figured it out! So above you will see four dolls, and from left to right they are: Julie, Piper, Brennan, and Kit. The first two dolls are mine, and the last two are my sister's. I took this photo last Saturday at the American Girl Store in Washington D.C. 

The trip was actually a little bit upsetting though, for a few reasons. My sister and I both had X amount of money that we planned to spend. (We both had the same amount. I'm not going to say how much because I don't want nasty comments about how I'm either A) poor or B) bragging about my money.) So anyhoo, I knew I wanted Piper, and my sister had her heart set on Brennan. We got there, grabbed our dolls, and then started shopping for clothes. In my bag (after careful calculations of doll+outfits=X amount of money), I had Piper, her fancy pink dress, The Weekend Fun Outfit, pink glasses for Sofi, and the exclusive white store capris. My sister had Brennan, The Hiking Outfit (sans accessories because $38 is way too much for a jacket, fanny pack, and some little trinkets.), Ivy's Rainbow romper, and the same pink glasses that I had. We went up the register, talked to a baby in a stroller, waiting in line for 497,863 hours, and then finally got to the checkout counter. I went first, pulling everything out of my bag and laying it on the counter to pay. The grand total was well over my X amount of money. It turns out that Piper was $110, NOT $95 like I thought. So I put back the capris and the glasses. I was still $5 over my total. My dad was far away in the mall, and I didn't want to call him all the way back just so I could bum $5 off of him. My sister was in the same boat, so she put back her Rainbow Romper, and I put back the Weekend Fun Outfit. I was heartbroken. But little sister to the rescue! My amazing and wonderful sister loaned me $5 so I could get the Weekend Fun Outfit. I was so happy! (And I promised her the Rainbow Romper as a birthday present.) 

So we checked out (finally) and went outside the store. If you've ever been to the AGP in D.C, you'll know what I'm talking about. Like the couple of goons we are, we sat down on the floor by the L.L Bean store and pulled Piper and Brennan out of their boxes. I was absolutely pleased with Piper from head to toe. Her freckles are to die for and her teensy ring actually stays on her finger. (I pocketed it though, in fear that it would fall off in the mall.) The only thing that I noticed a little off about Piper was that her hair wasn't as soft as a new doll's should be. Maybe because her hair is curlier? I don't know. But I still love her just the same. :) 

So I had a lot of fun that day, but I really wish my sister could've gotten the Rainbow Romper. I can live without glasses and capris, but she REALLY wanted that outfit. Just wait till May kiddo, and the outfit will be yours. :)

One more thing before I go; I will definitely be uploading more pictures soon. I wanna get a big picture of all the girls and make that the home page picture. If you have any tips on how to do that, let me know!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment